Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is an integrated computer-based system used to manage internal and external resources, including tangible assets, financial resources, materials, and human resources. Its purpose is to facilitate the flow of information between all business functions inside the boundaries of the organization and manage the connections to outside stakeholders. Built on a centralized database and normally utilizing a common computing platform, ERP systems consolidate all business operations into a uniform and enterprise-wide system environment.
An ERP system can either reside on a centralized server or be distributed across modular hardware and software units that provide "services" and communicate on a local area network. The distributed design allows a business to assemble modules from different vendors without the need for the placement of multiple copies of complex and expensive computer systems in areas which will not use their full capacity.
Components of typical ERP
- Transactional Backbone
- Human Resources
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Advanced Applications
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Warehouse Management System
- Management Portal/Dashboard
These modules can exist in a system or utilized in an ad-hoc fashion.
- Decision Support System
Engineering, Bills of Material, Work Orders, Scheduling, Capacity, Work Flow Management, Quality Control, Cost Management, Manufacturing Process, Manufacturing Projects, Manufacturing Flow
Supply Chain Management
Order to Cash, Inventory, Order Entry, Purchasing, Product Configuration, Supply Chain Planning, Supplier Scheduling, Inspection of Goods, Claim Processing, Commission Calculation
General Ledge, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets.
Costing, Billing, Time and Expense, Performance Units, Activity Management
Human Resources, Payroll, Training, Time and Attendance, Benefits
Customer Relationship Management
Sales and Marketing, Commissions, Service, Customer Contact, Call-Center Support
Various “Self-Service” interfaces for customers, suppliers and/ or employees
Management of user privileges for various processes.
Distilware is a master blend of efficiency and productivity that provides industry solution for food and beverage industry. It is an easy and inexpensive way to tackle industry challenges and set your food or beverage business up for success.
Distilware is a tailor made web-based solution for food and beverage sector which includes following stages/ processes:
- Manufacturing/ Production
- Bottling/ Packaging
- Supply Chain Management
- Finance and Accounting
Distilware is one such solution which manages all the above stages and can be customized for/ at any level. Our thorough understanding of the requirements and challenges of food and beverage sectors resulted in developing a complete end-to-end solution ready to be implemented from day one.
Modules/ Applications of Distilware
- Inventory Management
- Vendor Management
- Production Planning
- Finance and Accounting
- Sales Management
- Warehouse Management
- Depot/ Retail Management
All these with additional key features like:
- Interactive Dashboard
- SMS and Email Communication
- Beverage companies today face a host of challenges and opportunity matures. Price-led competition among major retailers has resulted in serious margin erosion, and in Indian economies, heavy promotional restrictions. Distribution complexities and costs present another major challenge. Many beverage companies are pursuing acquisition strategies to enable value creation and growth.
- The beer industry struggles with complex and ever-changing regulatory requirements, including excise taxes and specific restrictions on sales. Conflicting interests between manufacturers and value-added distributors can result in a disjointed supply chain... To remain competitive, companies must increase efficiencies, reduce costs, and ensure compliance with governmental regulations throughout the whole supply chain.
- Similarly, the carbonated soft drinks industry is characterized by an intricate and symbiotic relationship between manufacturers, bottlers, and distributors. Recent consumer preference shifts towards bottled water, juices, and sports drinks have mad a significant impact on revenues. The challenge is to effectively protect and grow market share while maintaining profitability.
- Hampered by a legacy of heterogeneous systems that impede visibility and perpetuate inefficiencies, many companies recognize the need to standardize on a single platform. But who has the resources to engage in a long-term system implementation project with poorly defined business benefits?
- The purchase price is the most visible expense, but implementation and maintenance contains many hidden costs.
- Organizations fail to recognize the true Total Cost of ERP Systems and often make policy decisions early in the implementation plan that likely have long-term impacts.
- Vendors charge a license renewal fee annually which can be costly for any business.
- The time and resources required to implement and maintain far exceeds original expectations.
- Tend to make decisions with little solid information. Reason is long implementation time.
- Unable to get the decision makers to see the big picture in a long term.
- These systems can be very rigid and may not fit the business flow of the company trying to use it.
- Companies may bead to customize their ERP package which isn't allowed by most vendors.
In the absence of an ERP system, a large manufacturer may find itself with many software applications that cannot communicate or interface effectively with one another. Tasks that need to interface with one another may involve:
- Distilware connects the necessary software in order for accurate forecasting to be done. This allows inventory levels to be kept at maximum efficiency and the company to be more profitable.
- Integration among different functional areas to ensure proper communication, productivity and efficiency
- Design Engineering
- Order tracking, from acceptance through fulfilment
- The revenue cycle, from invoice through cash receipt
- Managing inter-dependencies of complex processes bill of materials
- Tracking the three-way match between Purchase Orders, Inventory Receipts, and Costing
- The accounting for all these tasks: tracking the revenue, cost and profit at a granular level
- Validation & procedures
- Easy and effective business rules implementation
- Good business practices
- Reduced cycle time for transaction
- Reliable and on-line information
- Possible reduction in cost & increase in revenues
- Reduced duplication of work
- Faster billing & collections
- Improved customer satisfaction; hence retention
- Reduced paperwork
Distilware centralizes the data in one place. Benefits of this include:
- Eliminates the problem of synchronizing changes between multiple systems - consolidation of finance, marketing and sales, and manufacturing applications
- Permits control of business processes that cross functional boundaries
- Provides top-down view of the enterprise, real time information is available to management anywhere, anytime to make proper decisions.
- Reduces the risk of loss of sensitive data by consolidating multiple permissions and security models into a single structure.
- Shorten production lead-time and delivery time
- Facilitating business learning, empowering, and building common visions
In today’s increasingly competitive and global environment, it is becoming progressively more important for successful utilities to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency. While most companies are keenly aware of their financial positions relative to industry performance, rarely do companies understand the operational drivers of overall financial and corporate performance. Especially in light of today’s rapid competitive, organizational, and technological changes, it is imperative that companies measure lower-level operational success in order to remain competitive.
In order to proactively understand and manage corporate performance, companies must not merely monitor overall corporate results. Rather, they must also measure performance at an operational level. Distilware helps organizations to effectively monitor and assess operational performance through a balanced performance measure system. It also helps managers to use a balanced set of measures to benchmark with industry competitors and cross-industry companies.
A by-product of the benchmark and historical performance discussed above is that such focus on operational performance enables organizations to realize the full benefit potential of implemented technologies. By comparing performance to other competitors and world-class organizations, a company can use performance measures to monitor the level of benefits from Distilware.
- Reduces business risk
- Structured process ensures the right functional fit
- Injects sense of reality into vendor evaluation and implementation planning process
- Reduces implementation cost
- Investment in an effective evaluation and selection process saves money later
- Effective negotiation with vendor reduces total cost of ownership
Drive business performance, measure financial effectiveness, and make better business decisions that deliver real results.
Successful organizations today need the right Industry Solution software to help their people work more productively, make smarter and faster decisions, and ensure they make the most of their assets and resources. Distilware provides these capabilities in organizations as small as a few employees to businesses with locations across the globe.
Our mission is simple: to provide the best Industry Solution that fits the needs of your organization and helps you deliver superior results.
Life cycle of Distilware Benefits
DistilwareTM Implementation Methodology
Companies that install Distilware will have an easy time of it. Traditional ERP systems will take more than 6 months to 1 year for single implementation. Where as, with the methodology we follow Distilware can be implemented with in 2 to 3 months depending on the requirements and process of the company implementing.
- Easy to use. Our solution work in the familiar environment which helps you spend less time training, reduce IT staff administration and maintenance, and give people access to information faster so they can make better business decisions.
- Designed to fit smoothly with your existing IT environment.
- Built to meet your needs now and in the future. We have a solution that fits your industry, company size, and budget and that can grow with your organization. No other Industry Solution has the flexibility, breadth, or depth of functionality that Distilware does today for Food & Beverage Industries.
- Optimize your supply chain to get the right goods to the right place at the right time.
- Offers familiar, extensible product management software that can reduce barriers to productivity and efficiency.
- Easy interface and design based on business roles helps users across the functions to quickly find the tools and information they need the most.
- Custom solutions can be tailored to specific business and industry needs when ever required.
- With features such as automatic notification, Distilware gives people control over the integration of customer demand with inventory management, purchasing, product delivery.
- Build productive vendor relationships.
- You want to make sure that your products and services meet customer expectations today and in the future. Business information, reports, and analytical tools provided in Distilware help you establish and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Distilware can help your sales associates set realistic customer expectations and provide them with the information they need to make informed buying decisions to ensure satisfaction while managing costs.
- Distilware can help you significantly reduce data entry and save hours of time by automating inventory management processes and helping you replace bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
- Giving your employees access to real-time information about inventory can help you improve customer relations, and at the same time boost productivity. With Distilware, they can access the latest information about price and product specifications.
- In addition to significant improvements in warehouse and inventory processes, Distilware can help you manage all phases of your sales cycle, create add-on sales, earn repeat business, and focus on revenue-building efforts.
Distilware integrates all departments and functions across a company onto a single computer system that can serve all those different departments’ particular needs. It is a single software program that serves the needs of people in finance as well as it does the people in human resources and in the warehouse. Each of those departments typically has its own computer system optimized for the particular ways that the department does its work. But Distilware combines them all together into a single, integrated software program that runs off a single database so that the various departments can more easily share information and communicate with each other.
That integrated approach can have a tremendous payback.
Take a customer order, for example. Typically, when a customer places an order, that order begins a mostly paper-based journey from in-basket to in-basket around the company, often being keyed and re-keyed into different departments’ computer systems along the way. All that lounging around in in-baskets causes delays and lost orders, and all the keying into different computer systems invites errors. Meanwhile, no one in the company truly knows what the status of the order is at any given point because there is no way for the finance department, for example, to get into the warehouse’s computer system to see whether the item has been shipped. "You’ll have to call the warehouse" is the familiar refrain heard by frustrated customers.
Distilware vanquishes the old standalone computer systems in finance, manufacturing and the warehouse, and replaces them with a single unified software program divided into software modules that roughly approximate the old standalone systems. Finance, manufacturing and the warehouse all still get their own software, except now the software is linked together so that someone in finance can look into the warehouse software to see if an order has been shipped. Distilware is flexible enough that you can install some modules without buying the whole package.
There are four major reasons why companies should implement Distilware:
- Integrate financial information
- Integrate customer order information
- Standardize and speed-up manufacturing process
- Reduce Inventory
Implementation of Distilware gives greater performance in terms of sales per employee, profit as well as operating margins, return on assets, inventory turnover, assets utilization, working capital turnover, accounts receivable turnover, etc. Along with implementing Distilware, company has to be associated with organizational improvement efforts such as business process re-engineering, corporate restructuring, and creating strategic business units and so on. Proper implementation of Distilware along with organization maturity and business process transformation can have an impact and results to increased benefit.